I’ve written a Scriptish script that makes a few UI improvements to the NC Woodworker Forum. The script is tested with the Firefox extension, but may also work with other browsers that have a Scriptish or GreaseMonkey plugin/extension.
- Convert location text to a Google Maps link. It will detect links in user profiles, classified listings, classified posts, and the thread poster’s location.
- Auto-collapse maps embedded in a post and provide a link to the map and the ability to expand the embedded map.
- Remove the “Place Holder” navigation item.
If you’d like the map links to include directions, you can configure the script so that it knows the starting location to use. This location can be any location that Google Maps recognizes; long/lat, intersection, address, city, etc. See the below image on how to find the settings. The green icon at the bottom right of the FireFox window belongs to Scriptish. Clicking it will popup the menu.
How To Install
- Install the Scriptish Firefox Extension
- Install the NCWW Forum Helper Script
- Optionally configure a starting location.
- Enjoy the improved UI
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/manfre/scriptish-ncww-forum/
This first image showcases the auto-collapsing of embedded maps and the location text converted to a map link. The screenshot below was taken from the thread New Feature: Insert Google Maps in Posts.
This script is not supported by NCWW. Please don’t contact the NCWW admins or mods with support questions.